Friday 18 November 2016

My birthday.

BloggerImage
God wanted me to see today. 
35 feels strange. 
This day forces me to reflect 
Upon the life 
I have been granted.
This life I live,
With each day a battle,
To nourish,
To eat,
To feel.  

I remember the dream
As I so often do, 
I remember 
It's heaviness,
So clearly. 
I fell and could not wake up
I passed from this earth
In that moment,
And it felt so real,
Yet so strange,
My heart beat loudly,
Erratically,
In my chest. 
I wasn't ready. 
As much as a part of me 
Wished to disappear. 

God wants me here today. 
I don't know all of his plans 
For my life now. 
I just know that
I have been given
A second chance..
To live. 
The future brings anxiety,
But also a tentative,
Breath of hope,
A small shiver,
of excitement. 

I am still struggling. 
I still long to crawl out of my skin
After meals. 
I still find pleasure in numbers 
Decreasing on scales. 
I still hate the thick liquid of ensure. 
I sometimes miss the 
Security of a hospital bed. 
Where I have little opportunity 
To obey the lies
Of anorexia. 

It is scary somehow,
To write from the heart,
While I am outside of 
Sanitary hospital walls. 
I feel exposed,
Afraid to admit my flaws,
And the truth
Of how many times
I fall each day. 

But I will not give up. 
Each day is a gift. 
And moment by moment,
I remain present 
On this earth. 
Kept here to learn,
To breathe this air,
To interact 
With others,
To join hearts,
And to hold hands. 

God please guide me. 
I stumble. 
And I fall. 
But carry me forward. 
Lift my eyes 
To what I am meant to see. 
Open my heart
To what I am meant to feel. 
I am here for a reason. 
I trust you 
For keeping me here. 

You give me the courage
To type these words 
In a warm bed 
I do not want to leave. 
I am alive today. 
I have fat beneath this skin,
Nutrients 
Keeping my heart beating,
And my mind alert 
And aware. 
I am here today 
And I will not give up
Or give in. 
I have things left to do
People left to see,
And moments left to live. 

No comments:

Post a Comment