Monday 5 February 2018

The In Between

,
Not as far
Down the rabbit hole I fall.
Just halfway between dark and light.
I can either crawl back up
Towards the light that shines
From the world above,
Or I can sink
Ever deeper now,
Towards that cold dark place
That holds familiarity. 
I’m stuck here in between. . 
I reach out a small purple hand.
It’s cold and frail,
I whisper to God above. 
I wait for signs,
But if I they come
Will I know what they mean?
I feel like I’ve lost 
The ability to understand 
Good from evil. 
Like that apple in the tree. 
It’s glossy red. 
My mouth waters,
But I don’t want to eat alone. 
I guess I’ll pray to make it through 
one more day. 
Until I find
The answers here 
In Between. 

1 comment:

  1. I love you Erin and will my whole life. I hope you are at peace!

    ReplyDelete