Thursday 18 August 2016

Heartache

BloggerImage
http://www.cbc.ca/beingjann/images/heartache.jpg

The days are long. 
I am now trying to maintain this weight. 
No longer meant to be gaining. 
Instead I must learn 
That this number on the scale...
These jeans that will not fit,
If I dared tried them on,
Is okay. 

It's healthy, 
they say. 
As if the words do anything more
than make me cringe. 
Healthy has never been the goal. 
Thinness. 
Whisper thin so that no one 
Could ever say that
I take up too much space. 

The heaviness feels unbearable. 
It truly feels like my heart is sinking 
With the weight of my body. 

Once again,
I find myself wishing,
Longing,
To see my bones protrude. 
I glamorize the past 
As if I was happy
At that place. 

These days are hard. 
They are long. 
They hurt my heart,
And my soul cries out 
To be heard. 

I need a hug,
A strong embrace. 
A hand held tightly,
In your own. 
Please wrap your arms
Around me
Without boundaries
That must be maintained. 

These sterile white walls,
These fluorescent lights,
The nurses that guard the trays 
Before meals,
They all serve to make me feel alone. 
Separate. 
A patient. 
A number. 
A last name on a chart. 

I've been struggling 
More than I thought I would. 
Being housed in this body 
Still feels so foreign and strange. 

Once again,
I find solace in knowing 
That prayers have been sent up for me,
Prayers to help set me free.
Free of this disease. 

My body is healing,
It is nourished and full.
My mind has yet to catch up,
Please send up more prayers.
This journey is long,
And my heart is aching 
To be healed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment