Tuesday 12 July 2016

Thank you.

Today. 
I am indescribably sad. 
It hurts. 
A visceral state of sadness. 
This is the grief of saying goodbye  
to anorexia,
It feels surreal,
That I'm spending my summer in the hospital. 
I allowed anorexia to take over,
dictating my thoughts
and my actions. 
To the point that I nearly gave her my soul. 

My heart feels broken. 
I have never learned to love myself.
I have spent years and years,
Loathing my body,
Trapped beneath a thick layer of shame.

I sought out love from men,
Men that loved me for a time,
Until I could no longer hide 
the shadow following close behind. 

I organized my life in compartments
of thinness. 
I used to long to go back to before,
To a time when I was thin enough. 
But I forget that there never is a thin enough. 
I proved that this year. 

I also proved that 
there is no happiness there. 
Anorexia can only 
glamourize your perception
for so long,
Until you see and feel
the sharp edges of bones,
and realize that you still feel unworthy. 

Today I admittedly
miss the scary days
towards what could have been my end,
I wanted to go back there. 
To be in that emaciated body again.
To feel the weakness in my bones. 
To imagine my muscles wasting away. 
To wonder how far I could push
My body to the edge. 

It's completely illogical
To long to go back there.
Nothing about anorexia is logical.
She distorts our perception
And warps our memories. 

So I continue to grieve her,
Despite the hardship she has caused,
Because at least it was a hardship
I was accustomed to. 
I miss the emptiness. 

I'm so tired of carrying secrets. 
The shame has nearly killed me. 
I feel so much sadness,
and right now the best I can do is cry
and later ask for an extra yellow pill. 

I feel the prayers 
Deep in my soul,
And know that I am loved
by so many amazing people,
That believe in me.

I will continue my grieving,
Knowing that eventually,
I will get to the other side,
And fly away free from this prison. 
I will never be able to express
the gratitude I feel,
for those who have loved me
and prayed for me,
when I couldn't do so for myself. 
BloggerImage

No comments:

Post a Comment